Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Humpty Dumpty playscript


Scene 1


Cast: Humpty Dumpty, Wall, Glue, Soldiers 1,2 and 3, Soldier’s horses


(Humpty Dumpty is sitting on Wall in a field at mid afternoon)


Humpty Dumpty: This wall is very comfortable. Not like the last one. It tried to tip me off, can you believe it?


Wall: I hate eggs sitting on me. It’s not fair! Why don’t you eggs go and sit on something else for a change?


H D: (screwing up his face) Walls are comfy, and chairs hurt me.


(Wall heaves and tries to upturn Humpty Dumpty.)


H D: (screams) Aggh! Help me!


(Humpty Dumpty collapses off Wall and splits)


Wall: (laughing) You look so hilarious, I'll split my sides laughing!


(Enter Soldiers 1 and 2 with Horses 1 and 2)


Soldier 1: What have we here?


Soldier 2: (happily) Looks like scrambled egg for breakfast.


H D: (annoyed) Don’t just stand there. Help me!


S 1: (suprised) Oh look! It talks!


H D: Obviously.


S 2: GLUE!!!


(Enter Glue with Soldier 3 and Horse 3)


Glue: Sup?


S 2: This stupid egg decided to fall off a wall-


Glue: (cuts him off angrily) I’m sick of fixing stupid eggs that insist on falling off walls! (Turns to Soldier 3) Hey, you! Hold him down.


H D: (Twisting violently) OW! STOP IT! I BEG YOU!


(Soldiers laugh and exit with horses)


Glue: (To Wall, hopefully) Seeing as those guys weren’t very helpful, can you help?


Wall: Nope. I’m very comfortable here, and anyway, what can I do? I’m a wall!


(Wall falls asleep snoring loudly)


Glue: (grumpily) Right. Looks like I’m the only one that can be bothered.


(Glue glues Humpty’s sides together and moves back)


Glue: Perfect. Now, no more walls from now on. Eggs these days!


(Glue exits dragging Humpty behind him. Humpty protests and says things like OW! HELP!

HE’S A MORON!)


By Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment